Dan Patrick was first elected Lt. Governor of Texas in 2014 and then re-elected in 2018 and 2022. He is a preeminent voice for principled conservative policies both in Texas and across the nation.
Lt. Governor Patrick is a leader in the fight to protect liberty, lower property and business taxes, create jobs and grow our economy, strengthen our grid by adding additional reliable thermal power, provide a high-quality education for all, secure our border, support law enforcement, and to protect life, religious freedom, and the Second Amendment.
Lt. Governor Patrick has been called by critics and supporters the “most effective Lt. Governor in Texas history” and has presided over the most conservative and productive sessions ever. He gives the credit to the Senators for any success attributed to him. “They do the long and hard work of passing legislation,” says Patrick.
Before being elected Lt. Governor, he was twice elected to the Texas Senate in 2006 and 2010 representing part of Harris County. He spent over 40 years in the media as a television anchor, conservative talk host, and successful radio station owner, putting a then-unknown Rush Limbaugh on the air in Houston in 1988.
Lt. Governor Patrick is heavily involved in his community, raising over $20 million for children with disabilities. He wrote a Christian best-seller, “The Second Most Important Book You Will Ever Read,” and produced the awarding winning Christian film, “The Heart of Texas.”
Things you might not know about the Lt. Governor: He joined a cattle drive in Montana, once got in the barrel as a rodeo clown at a Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo bull riding event, led a 13-piece Motown band in high school, and has a collection of authentic signatures from every U.S. President and the Texas Founders including Bowie, Crockett, and Travis.
Lt. Governor Patrick has been married to his wife Jan, a former schoolteacher, for 47 years. They are the proud parents of two children, Ryan, a former prosecutor, judge and U.S. Attorney, and daughter Shane, a speech therapist and registered nurse. They have a great daughter and son-in-law and are proud grandparents to eight grandchildren.
- Ronald Reagan Leadership Award from the Texas Public Policy Foundation
- 2 Time Law Enforcement Senate Legislator of the Year
- District Attorney Association’s Senator of the Year
- Pro Life Champion Award
- 2 Time National Federation of Small Business Top Award Winner
- Only Senator to receive Americans for Prosperity A Plus Award for Fiscal Leadership 2 Consecutive Years
- Empower Texas Fiscal Champion
- Expanded Border Security including adding $800 million for increased enforcement on the border
- Established program to provide bullet proof vests for every police officer on patrol in Texas
- Wrote and passed Legislation to place In God We Trust in the Texas Senate
- Carried Senate Legislation to place “Under God” in the state pledge
- Wrote and passed sonogram legislation that has already saved thousands of babies’ lives
- Wrote and passed 172 million dollar tax cut for small business to help create jobs
- Wrote and passed School Choice Charter bill to create more choice for parents and students
- Passed landmark property tax reform legislation that prevented unsustainable property tax rate growth
- Raised teacher pay statewide while ensuring that Texans’ school property tax rates didn’t increase as a result
MORE ABOUT DAN
- Author of Christian Best Seller “The Second Most Important Book You Will Ever Read”
- Executive Producer of Award Winning Christian Film, “The Heart of Texas,” voted the Best Film made in Texas in 2009
- Guest Pastor for Dr Ed Young at Second Baptist Church in Houston
- Founder of first Conservative Talk Radio station in Houston and brought Rush Limbaugh to Houston radio
- Frequent conservative guest on FOX News